Thematic scope of BEIF 2019:
Legal partner: Clifford Chance
Session I – “Baltic Sea Energy for Europe” – energy strategy for Baltic Sea Region
- Aims and political challenges for an energy market in Baltic Sea region – climate policy, market integration, energy security, the Northern Gate programme;
- Energy, investment and industrial capacity – wind energy, gas pipelines, LNG;
- International cooperation or competition – common or individual investments.
Session II – Network Investments in Baltic Sea
- BEMIP (Baltic Energy Market Interconnection Plan), TYNDP (Ten Year Netwotk Development Plan) − what can we expect in relation to the major strategic plans – networks, gas pipelines;
- PCI – practical experience – tools usefulness and necessity of changes;
- Financing – A fund “Connecting Europe Facility” (CEF), and other instruments – experiences, the opportunity of using for OWF and marine networks development.
Session III – Poland as a new and the biggest market of offshore wind energy in the Baltic Sea Region
Session partner: Ambiens Sp. z o.o.
- An energy policy and a goal of 10 GW for OWF in Poland; grid connection conditions issued for 7,1 GW — how to reach so ambitious target;
- An Offshore Wind Act — support mechanism, connection to the grid, administrative procedures – industry consultations;
- Maritime Spatial Plan — opportunities, threats and challenges.
Session IV — A supply chain for energy investments in the Baltic Sea
- Local content plans — an opportunity or a risk for Polish industry;
- Cooperation or competition — challenges for Polish and foreign companies;
- Practical experiences from planning and implementing of a supply chain and local content plans.
Each session will be organised according to the scheme verified last year: an introduction presentation (20 minutes), experts’ debate (60 minutes), an Oxford debate (60 minutes).